Having dealt with more swarms and casts than I remember in this last week or so, I decided that's it. I have to do something about this. I started at one end of the apiary and went through every hive comb by comb and removed all queen cells. There were still many sealed and unsealed cells. I must have lost the queen from one of the layens frames whilst cutting out queen cells on one Layens frame. My wife spotted her so I caught her in the clip catcher and returned her to below. Whilst doing same I removed all the frames from the transfer boxes on the kenyan and the hybrid kenyan and shook the bees back in. Transfer boxes are not the way to go when trying to convert from box hives to either warre or kenyans. Restricting them to move downstairs has only led to the swarming urge even with lots of room below.
Whilst understakingthis onerous task, I took the opportunity of harvesting eight layens frames of sealed honey. So tomorrows job is pressing these.